Sunday, July 12, 2009

Babymoon

I calculated several months ago that the weekend of July 10th would be the one weekend before the baby is due that we would have no children at home... So, I was adamant that we utilize it. :)

We had a couple of free frequent flyer tickets to use, so we initially were planning to fly somewhere. However, with only a two-day weekend available, there weren't many options that wouldn't 1)waste half the weekend traveling and/or 2)waste the tickets on cheap, nearby locales.
We finally opted for a "local" babymoon. We were technically out of town (i.e. a different suburb of Phoenix than the one we live in) but we didn't need a rental car or anything. :) Surprisingly, it was very easy to forget we were close to home and it really felt like a vacation. :)

When we weren't hanging out in the pool, we turned the A/C down as low as it would go (something we would NEVER do at home) since it was 114 degrees outside.

We mostly ate at the hotel, since I had booked the room with a meal package. However, there was a Melting Pot nearby and I'd heard great things about it so I wanted to try it. I had also heard that dessert was not to be skipped, so I lucked out in finding this coupon for free dessert right before we went. It was delicious and I'm glad we got to try it. We had our own little booth with a curtain and it was very fun. :)

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

We'll have to use that coupon and go back for dessert some day!

Brenna said...

awww that is sooo great! I prob. won't get a baby moon so I shall live vicariously through you! It sounds like it was very relaxing!

Mom Gavin said...

So you would recommend The Melting Pot? I've never been, but do hear good things about it.