Monday, September 22, 2008

Free Camping

I should have posted this before our free weekend getaway, since this was the weekend before, but I just didn't get around to it.

We went on our first camping trip with the tent trailer here.
The place we stayed a couple of a weeks ago was just a few miles away and cost $14/night. We were woken up multiple times (aside for from the screaming banshees, er, sleepwalking/talking children...) by headlights from other cars as it was a very busy campground.

This time, we found this campground that was secluded with all the spaces set pretty far apart. If it hadn't been for the sleeptalking (I think the trailer keeps them better contained as far as the sleepwalking goes) children that time, I think we would have slept really well. (I've since stocked the tent trailer with earplugs.) So, not only was this campground way better, it was FREE! : )
We stayed two nights and had a pretty relaxing time. : )




(Apparently we have a "lizard whisperer," too, Monica.)

Breakfast in the trailer while I tried to master my dollar store tripod.

Three, little helpers cleaning up camp

6 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

How fun! You guys are creating PRICELESS memories with your kids--way to go. CUTE pictures!

Aubrey said...

Well, according to Google maps you camped.....in the middle of nowhere. Is that why it was free? Love the tripod remark and Treyton is looking so much older!

Brenna said...

HOw cute I love the Breakfast pic! HA hA! The banshees comment cracks me up! I can totally imagine you waking up to the sound of that! They should know better than to wake Chanda when she is sleeping! I am sure you have had to adjust quite a bit to those situations being a mom now huh! lol That is a beautiful lake/camping spot! Looks like a good spot for some serious family-tent-trailer-bonding!

Sugar Spice Puppy Tales said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, I WANT one of those trailers, seems a little less complicated. How do I get a free getaway too? You'll have to have a huge celebration when the 17.5 months are up.

Double Gusto Ayres said...

You guys are such a cute family

Mom Gavin said...

Making memories!!!