Monday, December 29, 2008

"Gingerbread" Houses

My mom invited the kids over to make gingerbread houses a couple of weeks ago. Only Elise & Treyton were able to go, due to Ethan getting back really late from an out-of-town field trip. They had fun making them. Unfortunately, they were inadvertently covered in furniture polish when Brian was polishing the kitchen cabinets and had to be thrown out without being eaten.
Brian & I got to go see "Four Christmases" and share a "Founder's Favorite" at Cold Stone, both of which were good. :)

The next day, I took all three kids to Lowe's for their "gingerbread" house project.



Ethan was lucky enough to build his on his own. Unfortunately, the other two had my "help" and ended up with their lids nailed shut. I figured out how to fix them, and they are functional now.

Next month's project is a time capsule.
https://www.lowesbuildandgrow.com/step1.asp

3 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

How fun!! I'm going to have to look into that kind of stuff here. You're a fun mom!

Carca said...

What a great idea!!!!!! I am going to check out my local H.D.

Aubrey said...

Hahaha. Is it Lowe's or HD? I'm going to look into it hear locally as well.