Monday, April 27, 2009

Board Games

Brian & I started a game of Cities & Knights with Ethan last Wednesday. It's been on our table all week waiting for them to come back tomorrow so we can finish it. (Treyton was concerned that the "Toy Monster", who takes toys that are left out overnight, would take our game. I told him I'd write the Toy Monster a note explaining the situation and asking him to leave the game alone.)

I love playing board games and having one out in plain sight all week has made me want to play more.
Yesterday I challenged Brian to a game of Scrabble. He was really giving me a run for my money... until I managed to get a 66-point word ("quartz" with the "q" on a double-letter score plus a double-word score). Seriously, I think he would have beat me if it hadn't been for that word.
Then we played Rummikub. I had never played before in my life, but I thought we could both learn together. Turns out, Brian has played it for years... He totally cleaned my clock. I did not feel guilty for Scrabble after that. :)

I still want a Rummikub rematch. :)

5 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

FUN!!! Way to go on scrabble! We love playing that--so you totally need to come & visit us so we can play with you guys.

That's cool you are playing that game with Ethan. I bet he's totally looking forward to coming back for it. Rummikub is fun too!

Aubrey said...

RUN! The toy monster is coming, the toy monster is coming; run for your lives!

I've never heard of any of theses games (except Scrabble). But then again, I JUST learned how to play Apples2Apples last week at mutual!

Double Gusto Ayres said...

Brian's experience playing rummikub probably came from playing with Grandpa Wright, and if I remember correctly Grandpa would get caught cheating so look out!

Brenna said...

I have never played rummika-whatever that word is either! :) Bring it to the fam reunion. :) That is too funny about the toy monster...I remember we had one growing up too...but if you recall we called it, "mom with a black trash bag." Quite clever that he doesn't know its you so he doesn't resent you for it, considering kids rarely ever blame themselves for having their toys taken away.

Carca said...

HaHA this is a funny post!! Yeah for board games!