Saturday, May 23, 2009

Eighteen Weeks

pregnancy cartoon

I felt something on Mother's Day that I was 60% sure was the baby moving. Then I felt something two days later that I was 90% sure was the baby moving. Now I'm feeling movement daily, but every time I try to let Brian feel, it stops. It's getting more frequent, so it shouldn't be long before it's constant enough for Brian to feel it. At this point I'm still impatient for the kicking to really begin, but I know I'll regret it because I remember being miserable with Treyton kicking me in the ribs for months on end.

Maternity clothes mostly don't fit yet, but I'm getting there. I only kept one maternity outfit from Treyton (a denim jumper that I really liked) and I pulled it out last week. Brian says this baby needs to get bigger before it looks like a maternity dress; right now it just looks like a muumuu. Fortunately, my sister, Carla, gave me a few really cute maternity shirts. Also, we went to Goodwill yesterday and got a couple things. Brian wanted camping pants so as not to ruin his good jeans and I am always on the lookout for decent maternity clothing lately. Work is still pretty easy (drawstring scrubs are very maternity-friendly), but I have no idea what I'm going to wear to church tomorrow. :P

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

We must think alike, I almost put that exact cartoon/caption on my blog. When you and Brenna come up here I have a couple pair of cute maternity capris that you can fight over. It will be kinda like sumo wrestling, but pregnant woman wrestling Ü

JenWright said...

I love to feel the kicking--I'm glad you're at that stage. :)

Sugar Spice Puppy Tales said...

yay, you're progressing! Good luck finding maternity clothes, at least they are getting cuter.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

haha--that comic is funny!

I loved the outfit you were wearing on Monday--super cute!

Carca said...

you still do not even look prego...I say enjoy it! Get "the black skirt" form Aubrey it is a lifesaver for church.... I wore it every Sunday, but with a different shirt:)