Thursday, May 28, 2009

Laptop update

My new battery arrived today. Shortly thereafter... I did a little research online and discovered that I am not alone in my battery issues for this brand of laptop. This particular laptop apparently has a flaw wherein a DVD playing program it comes with causes the registry to become corrupted, which causes the CPU to run at full speed on battery power (instead of using the power management settings that slow it down when running off the battery). Apparently I can fix this myself with some techno geek ninja skills, but the site that will tell me how is currently down due to a hard drive malfunction.

So... at least I have my new battery for now that may (fingers crossed) function properly as long as I don't run the DVD program (then again it may not, since the registry is already corrupted). Bleh.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

That stinks! good luck.